We are looking for an exceptional candidate to fill the position of Senior Accountant as part of our NYC based team.
Role and Responsibilities
This position plays a pivotal role in the day-to-day AR operations of the accounting/finance department. This position will support the Controller in order to ensure that financial accuracy and transparency are prevalent.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage E-commerce accounting process that includes payment application, refunds and monthly reconciliations
• Perform monthly/quarterly Markdown and Advertising Allowance calculations and accruals
• Oversee new Customer approval and setup
• Prepare Sales Reports to support internal stakeholders
• Assist with the Month-End close which includes performing Account Reconciliations including but not limited to cash, e-commerce and AR
• Prepare Sales Tax returns for four states
• Calculate Sales Commissions
• Assist in the development, documentation, and maintenance of accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
• Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to express your opinion
• Detail-oriented professional with ability to handle complex reporting while meeting firm deadlines, sometimes with short turnaround times
• Exceptional organizational and project management skills
• Robust computer skills including advanced Excel skills and tier 1 ERP exposure
• The ability to play well with others
• Upbeat and positive personality with a “what can I do to help” mindset
In addition to our exceptional work environment, THE SAK offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes, but is not limited to: Medical (including alternative medical options), Dental, Life, Supplemental, 401K, Flexible Spending, Employee Discounts, Paid Holidays, a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan and opportunity for bonuses based on individual, team and company performance.