Footwear Product Development Lead
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to fill the position of Footwear Product Development Lead for The Sak and Sakroots Brands. This position will be responsible for leading the footwear product team (design, development & merchandising) in the creation, execution and delivery of 3 product lines (The Sak, Sakroots & Elliott Lucca). This individual will be responsible for being the key Product Developer for The Sak and SakRoots and a mentor and trainer for the current Product Developer in Elliott Lucca. Act as product category team leader in NY and develop a collaborative working environment among the product creation teams in NY & China. This person will be responsible for building and communicating cohesive footwear collections that meet the direction provided by the Brand Leaders of footwear and handbags combined. We are seeking a bright individual who possesses strong leadership and team building skills along with communication skills and an entrepreneurial spirit. The successful candidate must be scrappy at heart, creative, innovative, collaborative and have a deep passion for the business.
• Strong natural leadership skills. Ability to promote strong teamwork and develop a collaborative working environment with design and development for best performance.
• Manage and create the calendar while engaging China partners to ensure that they key milestones are achieved and product meets the requirements set with merchandising for market needs.
• Strong Communication & Speaking skills to assure the urgencies and priorities are clear companywide.
• Execute and manage the product build process with clear design briefs/Quarterly Merchandising Plans (QMP) and sample orders built within the weekly product meetings (WPM)
• Strong number skills. Can understand and apply component and tooling costs and meet the financial targets and the demand for “value” in our product. Create and communicate final pricing, factories, and duty rates via the Assortment Plan.
• Ensure accuracy of the line building within people soft, line sheets and other working development tools by development.
• Approve and review confirmation samples with the product teams. React to necessary changes and review and communicate fall outs to the appropriate people.
• Manage the footwear design and development budget
• Possess a high level of organization skills to be able to keep all information clear; concise and organized while maintaining ability to multi task.
• Ability to resolve issues and recommend ways to continually improve the process and build efficiencies.
• Cultural Awareness: Operate effectively in a global environment without hierarchy. “Natural appointed leadership vs. appointed leadership”
• High initiative, high energy, passionate, decisive, eye for detail and confident.
• General technical product knowledge required
• Requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience in footwear product development
• Willingness to travel to China
• Proficient in spreadsheet and computer skills working in Excel, Access and Peoplesoft
In addition to our exceptional work environment, THE SAK offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes, but is not limited to: Medical (including alternative medical options), Dental, Life, Supplemental, 401K, Flexible Spending, Employee Discounts, Paid Holidays, a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan and opportunity for bonuses based on individual, team and company performance.
The Contact Info
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org