We are looking for an exceptional Footwear Designer to join our team. This person will be responsible for designing Elliott Lucca Footwear and building cohesive collections that meet the direction given from the Brand Leader for Elliott Lucca. In addition this individual will be responsible for guiding and mentoring our current Jr. Footwear Designer to refine and build her skillset with technical and creative direction. We are seeking a bright individual who possesses strong leadership and team building skills along with communication skills and an entrepreneurial spirit. The successful candidate must be scrappy at heart, creative, innovative, collaborative, trusting, and have a deep passion for the business.
• Conceptualize Elliott Lucca footwear designs based on the design briefs/Quarterly Merchandising Plans provided by the Brand Leader.
• Lead, train, motivate and build trust with the Product Team
• Mentor the current designer/partner for The Sak and SakRoots for Technical Design (technical sketching and specifications of designs to correction comments) and Creative Direction (high level trend research and construction direction to interpreting ideas/requests in innovative ways) with a clear plan to support, engage and remove to empower individual ownership within the designers perspective brands.
• Sketch footwear silhouettes either by hand or computer for salesman samples and finalize for production.
• Must be able to sketch & technical footwear drawings
• Strong presentation skills. Ability to clearly present and lead sketch reviews and color direction for the season to the product team and sales.
• Prepare cads, illustrations and technical packages
• Research and have a keen eye to market trends, innovative styling & fabrications.
• Experience working with unique materials
• Partner with NY Design Team to select brand right footwear colorways & materials
• Attend weekly product meetings with Merchandising and Development and present work that adheres to the calendar and the SKU efficiency plan.
• Attend bi-weekly design meetings to collaborate and share work
• Strong Communication & Speaking skills. Ability to communicate and build trust effectively with China partners
• Ability to positively manage deadlines and workloads
• Be part of a team a highly productive team
• Work effectively with development and merchandising and be part of a highly collaborative team
• Cultural Awareness: Operate effectively in a global environment without hierarchy. “Natural appointed leadership vs. appointed leadership”
• High initiative, high energy, passionate, decisive, listens well, seeks to understand, curious, honest, an eye for detail and confident.
• Technical knowledge required
• Be able to see long term potential and maximize his/her ROI on work.
• Ability to work with unique materials
• Requires a minimum of 10 years’ experience in footwear design
• Must be available to work in our NY office
• Willingness to travel & ability to work with overseas partners
• Works well without supervision and be part of a highly motivated and passionate team.
In addition to our exceptional work environment, THE SAK offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes, but is not limited to: Medical (including alternative medical options), Dental, Life, Supplemental, 401K, Flexible Spending, Employee Discounts, Paid Holidays, a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan and opportunity for bonuses based on individual, team and company performance.
The Contact Info
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org