Financial Planning & Analysis Lead
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to fill the position of Financial Planning & Analysis Lead to join our new finance team in New York. The ideal candidate will partner across product, sales and finance teams, to deliver proactive and insightful strategies, financial models, analysis and metrics to help optimize the current and future business and drive business decisions. The position will help manage the annual operating plan process and monthly/quarterly forecasting processes. He / she will work closely with the leaders of our business units to support reporting formulation / compilation and decision making. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical with the ability to synthesize data and make sound business recommendations to the relevant teams.
The ideal candidate will be creative, open minded, flexible, detail oriented and smart. He / she will be an excellent communicator and leader with strong team building skill. They will embrace and thrive in our non-traditional company culture. This position will partner closely with the CFO, Controller, Sales & Product Teams and interact regularly with the founder and CEO.
• Establish rigorous, accurate and timely reporting by business unit as well as profit and loss statement by major customer account and distribution channels
• Own the one, three and five year business plan model
• Balance the required formulation and compilation of data (in conjunction with IT) with providing value added insight and analysis
• Partner with controller and finance team on detailed monthly SG&A reporting and variance analysis
• Prepare weekly/ monthly/quarterly forecast review presentations and annual budget presentations
• Report trends and high level business issues to business leaders
• Ad hoc analytics as needed
• Serve as key stakeholder and participate in ongoing enhancements of company’s ERP system.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics required, MBA preferred.
• CPA or CFA preferred
• Extensive experience with pro-forma P&Ls
• 8+ years of recent FP&A experience with consumer products
• Experience in a multi-store, multi-channel retail organization
• Experience with tier - 1 ERP system, ideally PeopleSoft or Oracle
• Experience with Business Intelligence tools
• Extensive experience with retail math
• Advanced MS Access and Excel skills required
• Intermediate SQL knowledge preferred
• Balance of both large company experience and start-up/private company environments.
In addition to our exceptional work environment, THE SAK offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes, but is not limited to: Medical (including alternative medical options), Dental, Life, Supplemental, 401K, Flexible Spending, Employee Discounts, Paid Holidays, a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan and opportunity for bonuses based on individual, team and company performance.
The Contact Info
Please email email@example.com